With origins dating back centuries, paper cutting has been practised in cultures and societies across the world. Using scissors and knives, the image is carved into the paper creating a delicate and intricate piece of art.
In this free, 1hr 30 min session, you will be introduced to:
- A brief history of paper cutting
- The foundations of how to begin cutting paper for yourself
- Some of the many artists pushing the boundaries of paper today to inspire your own projects.
Two weeks before the session, you will receive a pdf of the steps and designs we’ll be working on together. All you have to do is print it out on paper of your choice. By sharing some of the tips and techniques I’ve learned over the last 10 years of paper cutting, I hope to give you the confidence to experiment and go on to create your own pieces of work.
What the kit contains:
- A craft knife or scalpel
- A self-healing cutting mat
- Printed out worksheets to work on through the session.
Please note, as the kit contains a blade you will need to be over 18 to purchase this.
To register for the free event, please visit the Eventbrite page: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/hey-craft-introduction-to-paper-cutting-workshop-tickets-151395785871